Work will be here soon. In a few hours I'll want to throw my alarm clock against the wall and curse its existence. It's not its fault that I don't get to bed at a decent hour. It is only doing what it was created to do....wake me up. If I don't like it, oh well....it was designed and created to keep me posted of the time and alert me when it's time to get moving.....If I don't hear it and oversleep....not it's fault.....Even if I do hear it and ignore it's first warning, it'll give me a second, third, fourth, etc warning every 9 mins (why 9? I don't know...weird thing).
Does that remind you of something? Or should I say someone?
The holy spirit, still soft voice, conscience, ephiphany, whatever you look at it as, is like that alarm clock. When the time is right bombs will go off and if you're not listening, ignoring it, or trying to throw it against the wall you could miss a very important life moment.
Don't you just hate that annoying buzzing sound? EH EH EH EH EH EH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My mom got me a new alarm clock for Christmas because Gabby took my old one. It had a cd player to it and she liked to fall asleep to worship music. How can I deny my child worship music? So the alarm clock became hers. In it's place I used my phone alarm....EPIC FAIL!! I can't tell you how many times that stupid thing wouldn't go off and leave me sleeping so peacefully only to wake up 10 mins before I needed to be at work. So my mom got me a new alarm clock to take it's place. This alarm clock is great. I never have to set the time. I just plug it in and it starts to shuffle through numbers (reminds me of Biggest Loser weigh ins) until it stops at the current time. I have no clue how it knows what time it is but it's just that awesome! Thank God it does because it's the only clock we have in the house.
Destiny has been calling out to Tony and I for the past few months. It's been sending us warning EH EH EH EH EH EH!!!!! alerting us that it's almost time. Time for us to walk out why we are on this earth, why we've endured so much over the years, why death couldn't claim my life in 2008, why my marriage HAD to survive. Everything we have been through has led us up to this point in life and Destiny is shouting that it's time to wake up and get ready....we can't miss this Life Moment. Too many lives are at stake. Too many souls need to be awakened. Too many hearts need to be mended.
Now I can't get mad when it goes off and come up with excuses as too why im not ready (I got caught up stalking my Facebook friends, great movie came one, or blogging :) ).God will set off that alarm when the time is right. Our task is to make sure we're prepared, equipped with the knowledge of Truth, living with a renewed mind, a pure heart, and practicing the fruits of the Spirit so we can meet that Life Moment, embrace it, and live it when that alarm goes off.
Besides, what good are you if you stay asleep?
Time to wake up.
In saying that I better get some sleep. Totally didn't mean to preach a mini-sermon. Good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment