Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Product of Grace

I don't do well with pre-judgements on myself. If I feel someone putting me on a pedestal I will quickly jump off and destroy it. If I feel someone putting me into a stereotype I will do something to make them think again. If I feel someone placing unrealistic expectations on me I will do the complete opposite of what they expect to prove a point. What's my point? I am not who you think I am. I am a man.

Kidding. Seriously though. I am not perfect. I don't do the right thing all the time. I have the weirdest sense of humor and can be very mean at times. I have a huge lack of patience. I can be lazy.....a lot. I am not organized. I am always late, for everything! I say the wrong thing all the time and make up words that make absolutely no sense. I don't have this squeaky clean and perfect past. What I am today is a product of grace.

My truest friends know me best. For that, I am so thankful. I can be very guarded and won't let people get so close me. The friends that God has placed in my life have seen me in every ugly, hurtful, and painful place I have experienced, and love me none the less.

God has been dealing a lot with me about friendships and relationships. God is transitioning my family and with that he's adjusting my relationships. A friendship I thought that was completely over has been brought back to life and better than ever. A friendship that came right on time. The prayers of this friend has helped keep me sane, challenged me to push deeper with God, and protect my family. The random moments with this friend has given me a safe place to let my short hair down and be me 100% uncensored. It's finally a friendship where iron is sharping iron. A friendship I am so thankful for.

My relationship with my amazing husband is absolutely beautiful. Ohhhh man if you could have seen what it was like for the first 6 years of it! I look at him everyday and thank God for what He has done for our marriage. We both work so hard to put each other before ourselves, to have a selfless love. When I am away from Tony all I think about is him and wanting him to just hold me. This amazing God-fearing man has such an awesome heart and testimony.

My life is no where near perfect. I have a God that makes me look so much better than I really am. He loves and cares so much for me, why should I waste my life on anything less then His best? I had to cut out unnecessary drama and stress. Have you ever realized how difficult it is to hear God's voice when you're stressing out over life? I've put my foot down and said no to stress. No to the silly games people want to play. No to stressing over things I can't change. Last week was just emotional overload. I had to say no to letting certain things bother me. The past 2 nights I have had such an amazing and peaceful evening with Gabby and Tony. It's funny how sometimes we let outside life inside of our home and destroy our peace. You better believe Saturday and Sunday were dedicated to praying peace back in my home and pleading the blood of Jesus over my family.

Sure I'd love my red cape and boots with matching super powers, but God's grace surpases all that any day.

"And I ask you how many times will you pick me up, when I keep on letting you down? And each time I will fall short of your glory, how far will forgiveness abound? And you answer my child I love you, and as long as your seeking my face, you'll walk in the power of my daily sufficient grace"-Silar's Bald

3 comments:

  1. I always knew there was something different about you...Glad you've finally confessed all :)

    ReplyDelete